Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Where did March go?

Just realized I haven't updated this bad boy since February. Don't worry i'm not dead- just been SUPER BUSY!
2 weeks ago (even tho it feels like half a century ago) I went to Amsterdam and London with 3 of my best friends from high school. It was awesome and it almost automatically had to be because it was my favorite people, in a city I had dreamed of visiting my whole life. Amsterdam- I miss you and cannot wait to meet and bond again in the future. Despite constant rain and freezing weather we managed to see all the sites. Heineken museum was SO cool, like unexpectedly awesome and very fun. The city canals are so cool and although we almost got hit by every bicyclist and tram, I still loved it. Great food, great friends, great time. Here are some of the best shots:
the classic iAMsterdam sign shot

Lynds and a canal

bier loving kids

making bier

99 bottles of beer

Daniel's happiest moment, the secret french fry heaven

our lunch one day- when you don't have money, cheese tastings are great

one of the many awesome bikes 
Soph and her own bike

appletaart and coffe. the perfect snack

my new hat
Then we went to London. Soph and I bopped around as non-tourist, city slickers for the rest of the week until she left and Lyndsey came to play with me for the weekend.
First stop was Abbey Road. I hadn't been there since taking my Beatles and british rock courses at Skidmore, so I re-read all my notes the night before and brushed up on fun facts. It was so cool to be there where it all went down. I snuck into the gate of Abbey Road studios (named after the album, not vis versa as many think). 

its a very trafficky street and this shot took many attempts and pissed off many drivers, BUT SO WORTH IT


Which one am I? $20 to the winner

a magical place

OH MY GOD. SAME!
 The next shots are of the greatness that is Borough Market, a phenomenal food market in the center of London right near the famous Tower Bridge. I spent hours wondering and went twice in one week to this haven of food and beauty.
scallops
unlimited varieties of mushrooms
I got pie for lunch like a good Brit would

heavenly meringues

then we played

cliche London shot
being our sassy selves in Camden Market

No comments:

Post a Comment