Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Debut

Welcome to THE Portrait Blog.
Alright fine, I'll fill you in if you insist. A few weeks ago I had a mini-breakdown/ freakout about the lack of creative outlets and passion in my life and a darling friend of mine talked me through it and convinced me to start a series of portrait style photos of the amazing friends I have made here at Skidmore. This group of kids bring endless smiles to my face every day and if this blog can give them 10% of those smiles back I'll call myself a winner. Molly said it best tonight when she described this series to attempt to represent the massive amounts of love we have for each other. I couldn't have ever dreamed of having friends this great, but I am more than glad to try and capture the greatness of them on some 400mm film.
So I decided to bust out Greg's old pentax film camera and play around. This is what has come of it.
Thanks for the memories all y'all. To years more
my inspiration to find inspiration- Grace Ellen Hammerstein

James on a chic day- Jamie Thomson
crossword crowding


sunshine of my life- Rosie Dienhart

free cone day


my chaffeaur- Mackenzie Lacy

the cuddliest of muffins- Lauren Riva Rappaport
the overflowing love I was referring to

Mr.Skidmore- Benjamin Zane Greer
just trying to fit in- Vicky Janczyk
catches eyes from this Library Queen- Katherine Cavanaugh
my muse. "chill" Sophie Don
ray charles look alike 
oh hot damn- the greatest wall sharer there ever was Molly Sinsheimer 
thank god you exist gabagirl- Gaby Gignoux-Wolfsohn


No comments:

Post a Comment