Thursday, September 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Road Trip edition

So as many of you know this summer I checked a cross-country road trip of the classic college allybucketlist.
Molly and I drove from Seattle to NY in 22 days and saw some of the hidden gems this country has to offer. (I attempted to blog the trip, but forgetting my computer at home in combination with seeing everything possible in the short amount of time in each city left me little time to share my quirky thoughts with you peeps.)
For my next photo project we have to use the infamous Sophie Calle's approach to photography to create a series of our own. Essentially we need to create a set of rules to follow through photography. For example, take a picture of every breakfast you eat, or everything you see that makes you laugh over a set period of time. I actually seemed to have subconsciously completed this project on the road trip. I would keep my camera on the dashboard in the same place on most driving days and shoot the open road. Here are some of the best shots.
I-10 Louisiana- NoLa bound

Mississippi/ Alabama scenic route- Nashville bound

Pigeon Forge, TN- the weirdest town in America potentially

I-40 Arizona- Grand Canyon bound (yes that is rain through a magical sunset, absolutely unreal)

The classic 2 hour backup at the Lincoln Tunnel...just in case we didn't get enough time on the road.
I-10 Texas (actually 4 hours on any side from any sort of town/city, speed limit 85
but the clouds were purple so it was okay)

No comments:

Post a Comment